After Not adding to last month's blog! We are now in sunny June- hurrah!

 

 June arrived and with it all fear of frost and damage fled.


It seems hard to remember those long days watching through the windows as new tender shoots on the hebe were crushed....as our sturdy fuschia buds were no more.....and as anything foolish enough to have been planted within the previous 30 days ....was obliterated. 

Leaving the annual cauliflowers nonchalantly battling wind, rain, hail and general Very Bad Weather  whilst the beetroot, cabbage, onions and garlic did likewise.




But now?

Outside is now being gently clothed with aquilegia and poppy......and a very welcome sight these are! Seeds left shuddering in the greenhouse were ceremoniously tipped onto spare ground and, unless the seedlings had Four Proper Leaves, I started again. This means that parts of our garden resemble a jumble sale!


Lots of frogspawn tried everso hard, then sank without trace. Pessimistic, i feared the worst but we do have a few tadpoles still and the frogs are staying around the place a bit longer this year.



Last year a couple of plants required dividing, so it's good to see that they've made it through May 2021!



Cotoneaster combines well with aquilegia in our garden , so this clump here was really a-buzzing as the image was taken just now!

In other news, I seem to have less capacity for twaddle. So have removed myself from lots of online activity. No twaddle, happier life!

Having met up outdoors with local friends ..... I am beginning to make tentative plans for seeing my nearest offspring. A day trip down ( plus garden chairs!) with lunch collected from the Co-op seems to fit the bill. But I am in no hurry to be inside a building just yet, nor on public transport. 

Living in this time is very odd, but right at the beginning I came up against some Very Weird Opinions freely shared.  And I am Not Going There again.......
So
For now I remain here, in sunny ( at Last!) NEScotland.

Missing charity shops.
Blessing instagram ppl who live in my phone and helpfully swop seeds.
Laughing at autocorrect, which assumes that everyone swops weeds...
Glad to be living in a happy, friendly village.
Not at all regretting retiring!




 
Better end, where I started....at our front door!
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.
NB : my Aged Parent's Care Home is closing and for  very good reasons AP is moving up to a Care Home nearer me. That  week my eyes were off the garden and six pots of peas were reduced to scant stalks.

It might be a seemless move and July might well see me back here- then again there might be RadioSilence for a while!

Everything viable has been planted out. Everything else potted on. The squash families are looking interesting. Sweet peas, nasturtiums, hesperis and sunflowers will Hopefully bloom. Chard has only just started to shake itself into life though.

I give up!
Everything is topsy turvey!



.



.




.





Comments

  1. I hope things go well with the care home situation, as well as the garden. My parents are both elderly (88 and 90) so I know how important it is to have them settled.

    I love aquilegia or columbine, as I tend to call it ever since I heard this song: https://youtu.be/N5YyRzjGJfM

    These COVID days have made me so aware of the fragility of our lives and of the importance of the love that binds us together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be emotionally fraught atm as your comment reduced me to tears! Thank you tho! My elderly parent informs me that one is not Elderly until in the 90s, as their Dad said so! !!

    Thank you for the link also

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumnal beginings,

I was going to be hibernating during january

October 2020